Login |  Register

[ 5 posts ] 

Sat May 26, 2012 12:27 pm

Hi everyone, I'm looking at buying a T@DA from a friend of mine that has never used it. He got it 2 years ago and loaned it to me for a camping trip. We love it. I have some questions thought. The rubber trim seems to fall off when the sun heats it up. Also the headliner seems to be buckled. Has anyone else notice this. Thanks Bill

Attachments:
T@DA.jpeg
T@DA.jpeg [ 33.66 KiB | Viewed 14255 times ]

Top Top

Mon May 28, 2012 2:31 am

Hi all again, something else I was wondering about the T@DA is accessories. The camper we are looking at has no water heater and no shower head. Are things like this still available. Also how do these things hold up. The T@DA seems well built but some parts make me wonder how long they will last and if you can get parts for. Like the screens and shades. They are difficult to work and easily jam. They seem to be something that would break soon. I have had a while to look at this camper as the guy I'm buying it from has moved and left it for us store for him this summer. Any help? Thanks Bill

Top Top

Mon May 28, 2012 11:22 am

Hi, Bill. We are new T@da orwners. We got ours (a 2009 model) this past March. We like it too.

I'm not sure what trim you're talking about falling off in the heat. Can you describe more?

As the buckling headliner, are you meaning the carpet applied to the headliner or the actual roof of the Tada? The wall and overhead in the Tada is a 1" thick laminate of fiberglas, aluminum and foam (I think) and I've noticed that our overhead/roof is a little uneven too -- like there was too much snow piled on top of it during storage maybe. Some water stands up there if the Tada is level but no leaks.

One thing about travel trailers, things often need fixing. So don't get discouraged.

John

Top Top

Mon May 28, 2012 11:31 am

Bill,

All the parts in our Tada seem to be available at our local Camping World and other RV dealers including the hot water heater. I would go to an RV dealer for installing plumbing and a hot water heater but with research it could be do-it-yourself.

The screens and shades we love. A main reason we bought the Tada. I think yours must be out of adjustment, Bill. The rails have an adjustment for side-to-side spacing that might do it. On our front window, the left side rail was not parallel to the wall and I glued on a small L bracket and screwed it to the wall to straighten it out. Now works fine.

John

westy82 wrote:
Hi all again, something else I was wondering about the T@DA is accessories. The camper we are looking at has no water heater and no shower head. Are things like this still available. Also how do these things hold up. The T@DA seems well built but some parts make me wonder how long they will last and if you can get parts for. Like the screens and shades. They are difficult to work and easily jam. They seem to be something that would break soon. I have had a while to look at this camper as the guy I'm buying it from has moved and left it for us store for him this summer. Any help? Thanks Bill

Top Top

Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:35 pm

Hi, we also have a T@da with the water heater and shower. The water heats up rather quickly (10-30 min.) and is enough to take a good shower and wash your hair. We always turn it of after we shower though. It can get quite hot. I do find these to be a well made trailer for the size and it has everything you need.

The shades may need to be adjusted or look and make sure they catch in the slot. Try loosing the screws (do not remove screws) on the side rails and slide the rail over a tad.

You may have to apply caulk to the rubber trim that is coming off. Call the factory and they will suggest what to use and are very helpful with any issues or concerns.

I also put a full size air mattress with a feather topper in mine for added comfort.

Enjoy camping! Gingie

Top Top
 [ 5 posts ]